Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I'm back! (and on vacation)

For some reason, my buddy really wants me to keep a journal and write a book about teaching. This blog is a great indicator that I never will, but I'm inspired enough to write now.

Here is the kind of teacher I am.

When he asked me (through text), "Are you teaching at your same school again next year?"

I texted," I am. Probably my last year teaching. I hate teaching."

"If I didn't have to support us (myself, wife, and daughter) and pay day care, I'd quit again."

Add more texts.

My school is a mess. It's probably the worse school I have worked, including subbing, internships, practicums, etc. I have a ton of issues, and very little positives.

I did connect with a few students. I'll try to share those experiences too.

But mostly I left school each day frustrated and annoyed. And went to school each day thinking about wanting to work somewhere else.

I really would rather work at Trader Joe's. I value their company philosophy. And I want to go to work, do my duty, come home, and not think about work. I want my free time to be free of stress. That is the greatest curse of teaching. I almost never bring my work home, but I can't escape school. I dream about school and students. Students haunt me with their negative behaviors and my negative responses.

Some future writing points. Allie G the failed passed athlete. BDR Big Dickhead Racist, my worst student. Fa & Fa two female students that I did very little for, but they seemed to really like me. T-Bone, childish and an absolute terror from what other teachers said, but he respected me. The failed student Dee. The angry student U.

Even now, there is mostly good memories

No comments:

Post a Comment